Sunday, May 31, 2020

1936 - 2 letters written by King


1936

Dear Lucille [Mardock, a cousin in Tyler, Texas]
I have wrote you a letter about four week ago.  I suppose you received the letter.  Now I am stay at old village in the new house on second floor from room at the [?] side window.  Please see the photo [don’t have the actual photo he sent, but below is how the house looked new].  
The new house my mamma build it cost about nine thousand dollars Chinese money.
[and on the back side of the  letter to Lucille]



Dear
Thought I’d drop you a few lines to try and send it by the China Clipper in [my] second trip on her way return from Macau China.
I am stay at the interior country.  No electric light, no radio, a fine motor car.  Road bad inconvenience for every thing.  I prepare to take the trip to Canton City and Hong Kong.  I will stay a few weeks and back home again about few months.  I will go back to the U.S.A. about October.  Please answer.  Best wishes.
                                                                                                Your friend
                                                                                                        Mar King
                                                                                                        c/o Mo Do Drug Store, Baksha, Toysan

No comments: