Monday, May 25, 2020

Letter from Uncle Sam Mardock before the 1936 Trip




Tyler Texas
                                                                    Dec 2 – 1935

Dear Nephew
       Mark Ken [King Mar],

       I wish you would come over to see me before you leave.  I have something to tell you.  I wrote a letter to Wichita but I forgot to tell you about the Railroad stock there. Get the book and bring it back to me, see all the land taxes been paid.  But now have contracted for 18 houses in Pecan Orchard.

       Be sure to come to see me when you come back.  The children is all grown.  Jack is 5 feet 4 in. tall, Julian 5 feet 8 in. tall.  Lucille is about the same you saw her last.  She has a good job make over 100.00 month.  Julian will finish school this term.  I got my farm on the market for sale, have been offered 10000 want 15000.00.

       If I could get it would come to see you in airplane.

       Uncle Sam Mardock





The Cotton Belt Restaurant was perfectly located across from the railroad station.  Sam MarDock opened the restaurant in 1897.





No comments: